Banjo Eyes' Daughter

Thursday, April 13, 2006

MERLOT FIGHTS BACK


I must truly be a wine rookie, because I had no idea that Merlot was on the down-slide due to a movie two years ago: "Sideways" I loved this movie, My husband didn't like it, or maybe he didn't get it. Anyway, all the movie did for me was create a stronger desire to go to California and "do the Winery Tour thing". Apparetly, according to a story today in the LA Daily news , WineLine, Pinot Noir is taking the limelight away from Merlot due to this movie. I am just here to say Merlot will always rank higher than Pinot in my book. But, I am also proud that my favorite vine juice is tough enough to FIGHT BACK!! GO MERLOT !! SISH, BOOM, BAH!

From the website:
www.merlotfightsback.com Did you know how important clay in a merlot vineyard’s soil is? Did you realize that the wine Miles (in Sideways) hoarded and opened on his birthday was a ’61 Cheval Blanc, a 50/50 cepage of Merlot and Cabernet Franc? These are just a taste of the connoisseurship of Merlot the seminar.

Check out the new BEAUMONT ENTERPRISE Wine Blog, by Editor, Tim Kelly
http://home.beaumontenterprise.com/blogs/connoisseur/
Or Post a Comment on their online message board:
http://home.beaumontenterprise.com/blogs/wine/

3 Comments:

  • Hey....

    You need to try some wine from the Muscat grape...

    Big juicy sweet white grape...

    Muscat Canaly (sp) from Messina Hoff (out of ATM land - College Station)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 PM  

  • Mr. Hawk, has a bad memory...He gave me a bottle of the Muscat juice on one occassion, Way tooooo SWEEET for me, I think I feed it to my neighbors, way back when I first meet them, after I couldn't handle the sweetness. Rodney liked it, so It must be because I am tooooo sweet already and he is semi-sweet, like our friend the chocolate chip.

    By Blogger Clicketynix, at 3:21 PM  

  • Mr. Hawk so funny, he say:

    Him and Rodney dispense sweetness, so they must replenish their sweetness...hahahahahahah, I thought that was pretty god, but we all know who the true "Sweetie" is.

    By Blogger Clicketynix, at 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
More blogs about http://banjo-eyes-daughter.blogspot.com.