Banjo Eyes' Daughter

Friday, June 30, 2006

NASCAR POINTS SYSTEM

Here we go again, The AP was reporting about the new NASCAR championship points system this morning. Apparently they are going to make changes for the 2007 season. I will comment on this later, because I had tons of great ideas about how they should do this and then forgot them after the beginning of the season this year, because I figured the current way would be around for a while. What do you guys think they should do? I know they need to do something because I hate watching the middle of the season now, its like;;;;might just as well wait for the season to get down to 10...And last year those 10 didn't interest me either....

1 Comments:

  • I could go either way on the chase thing...I think I liked it better before the chase. Either way, I think they should give bonus points for different stuff, like 25 for a win, 10 for a pole, 50 for a win from the pole, etc. I think a lot of teams are more concerned with a safe top 5 or 10 finish instead of going for the win, and that is boring to me.(is a Champion really a champion if he doesn't win a race?) I think they should also make the last 10 races at night, add at least one restrictor plate, maybe one of the road courses, and if they're gonna have a chase, extend it to 15 drivers (and drop the "or 400 points" way in) 15 would be a little more forgiving for a good team that had one or two bad finishes earlier in the season.

    By Blogger Girl_in_Camo, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
More blogs about http://banjo-eyes-daughter.blogspot.com.