Banjo Eyes' Daughter

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

BOYCOTT

I received this message from my friend today, and I agree because I tried to eat at Elana's yesterday and it was closed due to boycott, and then I had to wait in traffic, as the police stopped us for a people parade of these boycotters, with their american flags, I don't get it:

Enjoy Thoughts from RAY:

Okay, that's it!!

I'm calling for a boycott of all Mexican restaurants, or Mexican-anything,
on Mother's Day! Better yet, we should boycott all things Mexican for the
entire month of May, starting now.

This illegal immigrant stuff is really starting to get on my nerves. And
now they're protesting against us!!

Personally, I don't think I need anything Mexican--I love the food, and I
guess we're getting the benefit of their cheap labor to harvest our
produce, but from a personal standpoint that's all it really means to me.
And so I think it is for most "everyday" people, so this should be easy.
I'm not talking about Taco Bell, Papasita's, Rio Rita's, Poblano Grill,
etc. Those are not Mexican-owned restaurants. Chula Vista, Ninfa's,
Acapulco, Guadalajara, Carmela's, Crazy Jose's, Ocito's, Elena's, and 3
Amigos are just some of the Mexican-owned restaurants in Beaumont, and
there are a whole lot more in Port Arthur.

If you could get 5 people you know not to go to Mexican-owned restaurants
for the month of May and they got 5 people, and so on, that would translate
into a pretty powerful message to our local Mexican brothers and sisters.

Too bad we "Gringos" can't stick together on a national scale and really
drive this thing home.

That's just what I think.

Ray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
More blogs about http://banjo-eyes-daughter.blogspot.com.