Banjo Eyes' Daughter

Friday, July 21, 2006

It is Final

It is final. My last day in the Newspaper world in August 11, 2006. My new position at the Chevy Dealership begins on August 14, 2006. For the record, this was the hardest decision I have ever made, but I am very excited to move on to a new exciting world, and the paper is letting me do a Blog for the paper when I go, It is called "PrintGirl Views" I am going to be making entries on any thing i read that is printed that seems amusing, it could be a newspaper, magazine, internet, book, homework, ad, billboard, cereal box, whatever, Like yesterday in the Beaumont Enterprise I was reading about the stats that Red Baron had compiled about pizza. These were their "fun facts"

  • The Frozen Pizza industry is worth more than $5 Billion in America
  • Americans eat almost 3 billion pizzas a year
  • They consume 1.8 billion slices of frozen pizza annually
  • some 350 million tons of frozen pizza are sold every year
  • The largest baked pizza measured 12,159 square feet in (Norwood, South Africa)
  • The Average American gobbles 46 slices of pizza annually
  • Typical American Families eat pizza at home 30 times a year
The thing I was wondering was- How does the pizza industry make only $5 billion on 3 billion pizzas
and who doesn't eat pizza to bring the average to 46 slices, I know people that eat that much pizza a quarter...I know my dad doesn't eat pizza, but I think he is the only person in the universe, I am thinking that Red Barron forgot to include college kids in this survey.

Anyway, you get the idea of what I will do, present the idea, and then my smart-ass opinion...does that sound like people will read it? I hope so, because I have been cartoonized for my profile and advertisements.

2 Comments:

  • Really???!!! Are they gonna pay you for this??? Hhhmmmmm, wonder how it will go?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 PM  

  • No, I will not get any money...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
More blogs about http://banjo-eyes-daughter.blogspot.com.